Quartz & Its Features
WHAT IS MANUFACTURED QUARTZ?
Manufactured Quartz is an engineered stone. Fashioned from a mixture of crushed quartz and other various resin and bonding materials, quartz is a non-porous surface that resists scratches and is easy to maintain. It requires none of the annual sealing that is needed to extend the life of a natural stone product like granite or marble.
There are many different manufacturers of this same product, each of them offering their own unique characteristics. Depending on your need and price range, there is a perfect quartz line for each customer’s taste.
- Maintenance free – no sealing required
- Resists heat, scratches & stains
- Consistent slab sizing & material color allows for easy design
- This product is not rated to be installed outdoors. Direct sunlight will eventually break down the resins in the material. This is one of the only downsides to choosing Quartz.
SLAB SIZES & THICKNESS OF MATERIAL
Slab length can range from approximately 118″-132″
Slab height can range from approximately 54″- 65.5″
Slabs are available in two different thicknesses….
2cm (approx. 3/4”)
3cm (approx. 1&1/4”)
3cm Quartz can have a maximum overhang of 12” from the cabinet without any additional support.
2cm Quartz can have a maximum overhang of 7” from the cabinet without any additional support.
If a larger overhang is requested, then additional counter supports will be necessary.
With additional approved supports, the overhang can extend past the support up to 5”.
1. This warranty covers failures caused by defects (inherent characteristics are not defects) from improper measuring and/or improper installation, that may occur within the first year after the original installation of the product. This is not a material replacement warranty.
2. This warranty will not cover those failures that arise from any physical or chemical abuse, staining, improper maintenance, excessive heat, excessive weight or pressure, or any “settling” that occurs to the cabinets or to the residence in which the product has been installed.
3.ALL Remnant Sales are Final.
4. All manufacturer warranties are in place. Warranty details vary per manufacturer. See manufacturer websites for more details on each company’s specific commercial & residential warranties.